Survival is one of the most demanding and challenging issues that we face as humans! Survival challenges us through many different issues such as death, job loss, health problems, low self-esteem, relationship ups and downs, parenting, deceptions, breakdowns, poverty, natural disasters, education, addictions and even our own desires to be strong.
Survival comes in little packages and it comes in enormous boxes. It appears when we least expect it, never letting us prepare for the battle. It hides around corners, waiting to pounce on us. It is constantly testing our inner powers and strength.
To live is to survive and without survival you have no life. Survival is a choice. If you choose to survive, you must fight hard. If you choose to not survive, you will die. Simple! Survival will change who you are many times. How you deal with your challenge and how drastic the challenge is will determine how much of yourself you manage to keep safe.
A couple of common phrases that we run into many times in our day is, “Only the strong survive” and “What does not kill us will only make us stronger”. These are very good survival attitudes to practice. We need to be strong to survive. It takes pure GUTS to survive and move forward in any situation. It takes having total control of your thoughts, which is one of your best weapons in the battle of survival. It demands consistent striving to reach your goals, stopping at nothing to meet your destiny.
Strength, when battling the war of survival, is of utmost importance!
To be strong is:
- to be able to stand your ground and hold onto your inner beliefs, which will be your best strategy to win the game.
- to be born into the survival game without knowledge or understanding of the rules, and still overcome all the obstacles.
- to be able to clean the skeletons out of your closet that have been haunting you from your past.
- to be able to forgive, forget and let the waters flow under the bridge.
- to look in the mirror and know you are the best, and to believe who you are.
- to let go of hate and resentment, when your heart has been deceived or broken.
- to push forward when all the negative forces feel like they are pushing you backwards.
- to continue tearing down walls of negative thinking, and replace them with positive openness.
- to keep searching for answers to a better you, even when all you want to do is quit.
- to look to tomorrow for the sunshine, when the rain refuses to stop.
- to be a hugger, not a judger.
- to smile when you want to cry.
- to Live, Love and Laugh.
Love and kindness are the very basis of society. If we lose these feelings, society will face tremendous difficulties; the survival of humanity will be endangered.
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and fun.” – William Glasser.